Tuesday 19 February 2008

My iPod is My Therapist


Who needs expert counseling when you can always rely on the sage advice of rock stars?



When I keep a man at arm's length, reject him coldly, then feel bad for the next girl he dates, who will no doubt bear the brunt of his newfound intimacy issues:
Lola by the Kinks


When I question my path in life and long for a deus-ex-machina figure to appear from the sky and point me in the right direction:
Should I Stay or Should I Go by the Clash


When I'm ashamed of my hangover:
Alright by Supergrass


When I have guilty daydreams about jumping on a plane to go be anonymous someplace:
Tempted (by the fruit of another) by Squeeze


When no one in the world has ever felt a heartache worse than mine:
The World Has Turned and Left Me Here by Weezer


When I spend more time planning travel goals than career goals, then worry that my backpack-happy lifestyle will one day leave me penniless and alone:
I've Been Everywhere by Johnny Cash


When I can't wipe the morning-after smile from my face, and I feel a bit guilty for feeling so good:
Can't Get Enough of Your Love by Barry White


When I feel like an outsider in a sea of cynics, wondering why so many people equate optimism with naivety:
Peace, Love and Understanding by Elvis Costello


When I meet people abroad who speak no English except "Coca-cola" and "Manchester United," and I feel guilt on behalf of all overbearing media from the west:
Life on Mars by David Bowie


When I'm cocky enough to pity unrequited love:
Every Day I Love You Less and Less by Kaiser Chiefs 

2 comments:

Elsinki said...

FANTASTICO POST ANNIE-O!
maybe I will continue adding songs!

Gavrilo said...

That would be good. I always thought The Divine Comedy should be used in proffesional therapy sessions. Along with whale song that is...